You Think You Know, But You Have No Idea…
I was just talking to my wife the other day because she wanted to show me a “Latino” song she really likes and I was like “Since when do you listen to Latino music?” To which she replied, “I’ve always liked Latino music”. Then I said, “I’ve known you for over 20 years and I never knew this”. She said she never plays it around me because she knows I don’t like it. Hmmmm.
Do you remember “The Newlywed Game”? OK I know I’m dating myself here. The Newlywed Game would take Newlywed couples and blindly asks them questions about their spouse, like does your spouse roll or squeeze the toothpaste? Then the spouse would answer what he/she thought was said. It was a lot of fun to watch these couples struggle to come up with what they thought was the right answer.
So I CAN tell you a ton about my wife. Where she likes to eat and what she likes to eat. Her favorite movies. The way she likes her sub at Subway and her bowl at Chipotle. I can even tell you some things she doesn’t like (never touch her pillow). I think I know a lot about her. However, sometimes that Latin music comes on and I ask myself “Who are you?”
Well in an attempt to help couples and help myself I created some Deeper Questions for couples. I’ll copy/past them for you hear. I also found some more questions as I stumbled through Pintrest (I bet my wife never knew I browse Pintrest from time to time). So have fun getting to know each other better!!
Deeper Understanding Questions for Marriage
By Travis Dale
1. Name 2 satisfying accomplishments.
2. Name 3 characteristics of the home in which you grew up.
3. Tell me about the most influential person in your life.
4. Describe your ideal day.
5. Tell me about a book that has influenced your life.
6. Tell me about a turning point in your life.
7. What was the hardest period of your life?
8. Tell me about an event that helped shape your life.
9. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
10. What would you most like to do or be for the next 5 years if there were no limitations (of family, money, education, health and so on)?
11. Tell your 3 strongest points and your 3 weakest points.
12. What is your happiest memory from childhood, teen years, and adulthood, with each other?
13. Whose approval do you need the most?
14. In whose presence are your most comfortable? Why?
15. What do you daydream about the most?
16. What feelings do you have trouble expressing or controlling?
17. What makes you anxious, worried or afraid?
18. What gives you self-respect?
19. Who was the first person you felt really understood you? What did he/she do? What was his/her effect on you?
20. What do you find to be the worst pressure and strains in your work?
21. What do you enjoy most about your work?
#getdeeper #spouse #marriage #boyfriend #girlfriend #fiance #premarriage #wedding #counseling #therapy #couples #partner #youthinkyouknowbutyouhavenoidea
Travis Dale Counseling